Good news from the Tahririh Justice Center this afternoon. Apparently, the immigrants involved in Matter of A-T-, the landmark FGM case where the Board offended basic norms of human decency and had to be reversed by Attorney General Mukasey, have been granted asylum on remand. If you haven’t read the original decision, it is certainly worth a read. Congratulations A-T- and family, and congratulations to the Tahririh Justice Center.
- When the BIA Denies An Appeal, Consider Your Options
- Can I Apply for Citizenship if I Owe Back Taxes?
- Should You Hire a Lawyer for Naturalization? It Depends.
- How to Expedite a Visa or Benefit Request With USCIS
- 10 Tips For Surviving the Immigration Marriage Interview
- 7 Easy Ways to Violate Your Student Visa and Get Deported
- BIA Paper Color for Forms: Does it Matter?
- Employers: When it Comes to I-9 Compliance Your Employees Will Throw You Under the Bus
- BIA Fails to Clarify 237(a)(1)(H) Waiver Eligibility - Matter of Tima
- Waivers for False Claims to Citizenship - is Matter of K Still Good Law?